Friday, May 30, 2008

No Littering!!!

This anecdotal account of my experience happened last night around 9:00 in the evening when I together with my brother and a friend went strolling in the city park of Davao City. When we were about to go out, my brother overheard a conversation between mother and child. The conversation by thought took somewhat like this:

Child: Ma, ano po ibig sabihin ng sign na "NO LITTERING IN THE PARK"?
(Mom, what's the meaning of the sign "NO LITTERING IN THE PARK"?)

Mom: Uhmmmm... Ang ibig sabihin nyan anak, bawal mag "vandal vandal"!
(Uhmmmm... It means my child that vandalism is not allowed!)

My brother could not keep himself from bursting into laughter and he shared with us what he just heard. We all giggled to our heart's content. But somehow, it occured to me that if only our educational system would improve, understanding basic english would not have been that difficult, especially that it could be passed to the next generation.

Just my thoughts... God bless!

No comments:

Product Reviews